Hold is Where the Hurt Is
- A southern province of the Empire.
- Located west of Reikland between the provinces of Wissenland to the south, Stirland and the Moot to the north, and the Black Mountains to the west.
- Named after the river Aver, which flows on its northern border.
- The most recent elector count was Marius Leitdorf. But he was recently slain by an orc warlord, and the position remains vacant and contested.
- Its capital city is Averheim.
- The primary religious cult is Sigmar.
- Homeland of the ancient Brigundians tribe.
- Its symbol is a golden sun. Its colors are black and yellow.
- Averland’s military is stout and always prepared, as they have dealt with numerous orc invasions in the past.
- Averlanders are often expert hunters and trappers; these experts are referred to as Bergjaegers.
- Many halflings live in Averland, mostly because of its proximity to the Moot.
- Wide fertile plains create the ideal breeding grounds for the best horses in the Empire.
- The knightly Order of the Black Bear makes its home in Averland. They are known as one of the more boisterous knightly order.