Hold is Where the Hurt Is
Lord of Grunewald Lodge
- Lord of Grunewald Lodge
- Member of a minor noble family (the Aschaffenbergs) from Ubersreik, though still very wealthy
- A huge bear of a man; slightly overweight but otherwise healthy.
- Sports a bushy, dark brown beard and dresses ostentatiously, wearing golden chains and large furs.
- Carries a fine rapier and knows how to sword fight.
- Deep bellowing voice, has a definite commanding presence and a jovial, outgoing personality
- Loves to drink, eat, and have fun. But takes the responsibility of his position and class very seriously.
- Believes in the inherent moral superiority of the aristocracy.
- Two months ago, was betrothed to Ludmilla von Bruner.
- Was given custody of Grunewald Lodge by Lord Heissman von Bruner until Heissman’s youngest son, Leopold, comes of age to inherit it
- Has only spent a few weeks in the lodge so far, and has already noticed the odd nature of its residents. Sent his most trusted servant, Vern Hendrick, to hire a group of external investigators (which ended up being you). Does not want to alert authorities just yet, as he doesn’t want to upset his new powerful in-laws, the von Bruners