Hold is Where the Hurt Is
Emperor Karl Franz
The current Emperor of the the Empire.
- The current Emperor of the Empire.
- Also the Elector Count of Reikland and Prince of Altdorf.
- Is widely regarded as the greatest statesman and diplomat of the Old World.
- Is married with two children; his older son Luitpold II and a younger daughter.
- In 2502, his father, Emperor Luitpold I, died of natural causes. As his son, Karl was the logical candidate to succeed him as emperor. But the Imperial Throne is not inherited; it is decided in an election by the Elector Counts of the Empire.
- When his father died, many considered him still too young to reign.
- He was opposed by Boris Todbringer.
- He won a close election with support of the Church of Sigmar and his close family friend Maximillian von Konigswald, elector count of Ostland.
- As Emperor, he is also the leader of the Imperial Army.
- He has commanded the Imperial Army in many notable battles (most notably the Battle of Norduin, the Battle of Bloodkeep, and most recently the Storm of Chaos).
- In battle, he typically carries the Ghal Maraz (the Hammer of Sigmar) and the Silver Seal, and rides his trusted battle griffon, Deathclaw.